Girls STEM Summit is for young women in grades 8-12 who love Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)!
Are you interested in a career using science, technology, engineering or math? Would you like to learn more about emerging careers in these fields?
If yes, then join us at Girls STEM Summit-Statewide 2016, hosted by Jr.Tech, Inc. on Sunday, April 10, 2016 at Regis College, Weston, MA.
Following up on the success of seven past sold-out Girls STEM Summits Jr.Tech, Inc., with support from Lead Sponsor Biogen Foundation, Major Sponsor National Grid and Facility Host Partner Regis College, will again convey to the young women of the Commonwealth, the professional, personal and financial benefits of pursuing a career in the STEM fields.
Date: Sunday, April 10, 2016
Time: Registration check-in: 7:45am
GSS-S Live: 8:00am – 4:15pm
Location: Regis College, Weston, MA
During the summit you:
- Experience an inspirational keynote speech by a local female leader in a STEM field.
- Meet successful women working as experts in STEM fields, and work directly with them in hands-on career-specific workshops.
- Expand your knowledge of STEM industries and emerging career paths.
- Be inspired to continue taking STEM high school courses applicable to STEM college programs.
- Explore additional STEM fields and interact with STEM professionals and organizations during the mid-day Exhibit Hall.
- Learn about college institutions that offer a wide range of STEM programs.
Goals for Girls STEM Summit – Statewide 2016:
- Impact and bridge the gap between girls’ passion for the topics and helping them find their way to successful STEM careers.
- Inspire girls to pursue STEM fields.
- Fill an important gender gap in STEM jobs today and into the future.
- Present topics and learning sessions in a way that makes STEM topics interesting, relevant to career paths, and approachable.
REGISTRATION: The Girls STEM Summit-Statewide 2016 event has now reached full enrollment. If you would like to place your student on the waiting list for this event, please visit the following link for the waiting list registrations form.